Catholic Women's League (CWL)
What We Do
The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The objectives of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada:
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic church.
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- to protect the sanctity of human life.
- to enhance the role of women in church and society.
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
Hamilton Diocesan CWL website, click here.
The Catholic Women’s League invites all Catholic women to journey with us in a sisterhood of faith, fun and fulfillment. Come, join us. The General Meetings are the second Tuesday of each month, held in the Church Hall.
Bake sale in July, 2016 after the 9:00 am and 11:00 am masses.
Our next monthly card party September 30, 2016 at 6:45 pm is in the parish hall. Cost is $4.00. Light refreshments.
Ladies of the Parish Brunch on Sunday, June 12 after the eleven o'oclock mass in our parish basement. Free will offering, call Diane to reserve your ticket or email at email@example.com. Guest speaker is Rachel Jones on her journey of faith.
Join us for our general meeting on Tuesday, June 14, at 6:00 pm beginning with mass followed by a potluck in the Basilica basement, before our general meeting. New Membership and renewal is $25. - now due for 2016. Leave in the collection basket with your name, email, telephone number and address. All ladies are invited to join and learn more about what we are. Every woman sixteen years of age and older of this parish are encouraged to be a member. Memberships are accepted all year long.
Congratulations to our new executive: President - Diane Jones, Past President - Julia Calverley, Treasurer - Theresa Winchester, Correspondence - Bonnie Broeckel, Christian Family Life - Jane Nunan, Community Life - Anna Matteis, Education/Health/Parish Activies - Olga Ciaravella. Recording Secretary Volunteer - Agnese Nagy, Organization - Peggy Moore. Please contact President Diane Jones (519.8216858 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to join our executive - there are several openings. Come join us!